2.22.2010

Hey Mom and Dad!!!!
I'm not in Tepalcingo anymore. I have been transferred. I'm now in a place called Brisas, in Cuautla, which is actually pretty close to Tepalcingo. I thought I was gonna stay in Tepalcingo for a long time, but President Spannaus, and God, have different plans for me. My new companion is Elder Cox. I just met him today. He looks like a good guy. I'm taking the place of Elder Ence, my old companion in the MTC. He was here before I was.
So yesterday, Mariana was confirmed and Rafael was baptized. Rafael was a miracle. He felt so nervous before his baptism, but he was fine. I sang a solo at his baptism of "Our Savior's Love" and then I baptized him. He has read the majority of the Gospel's principles book and a lot of the Book of Mormon. He invited his family to his baptism, but they didn't want to go. So he was there all by himself, but he was really happy!
Laura, the mom from Axochiapan, is so awesome. She really wants to know God. Her husband is inactive, but is a really good person, and is willing to return to the church. He is not bitter or anything, so they are doing well. They're just gonna have to have other missionaries teach them. There actually aren't going to be missionaries for 6 weeks in Tepalcingo. They closed the area. There is every year a huge Catholic fair that takes up all the space in Tepalcingo. So President decided that the missionaries shouldn't even be there. Laura wants to learn so much and is such a good person. I have high hopes for them. I just need to keep in contact with them so that they get baptized!
Sofia didn't go to church yesterday. We didn't see her all week long because she was in Guerrero, so I am going to tell the missionaries in the neighboring area to look for her. Tepalcingo was doing so well when we left. Yesterday, we had an activity, another movie night and we projected the Prince of Egypt on the wall. It was cool. A lot of investigators came and felt good. After that we had some refreshments. I love Tepalcingo. The people there are so good and always willing to help.
Here in Cuautla it is a little more like a city, a little bit faster moving. But the church is strong here. I ate breakfast today with a couple that is a little older that was sealed in the Mesa temple. The church is going to grow so fast in Tepalcingo and here. I feel like God has lots of things in store for the faithful Lamanites.
I have no idea where Elder Anderson's gonna go. He went to Cuernavaca this morning. Yesterday was crazy. We had Rafael's baptism, and then we had to get the projector and set up for the movie. After we ate we had the activity and after that, we went and moved all of the stuff out of our house in Tepalcingo to another house in a different area. We started moving the stuff at about 10 pm and finished at about 1 am. Then we woke up at about 6 am and went to Cuautla for transfers. It was crazy!
I felt a little frustrated with President Spannaus yesterday. I know we are just supposed to obey the President and all that stuff but it's natural to fell frustrated. I fell like we are little chess pieces and he can move us when and where and how he want to. I felt like "How can he take me out of this area where I love so many people?!?!?! How can he be so insensitive?!?! But then I thought, this really isn't about me. Really, I am the Lord's chess piece and I should just obey and do what ever He wants, because when God plays chess He wins! So I am content. I need to be more humble.
I got to see Elder Ence. It was good to see him. Right now I am with Elder Barnes, who was in the MTC with me. He's a great Guy.
I have a bunch of pictures that I want to send. Which reminds me...the camera that I have, it's screen is broke. So I need a new camera. And, I think that 34 waist would be fine for baptismal pants, and a white tie too. Things get so lost in the mission with all of the madness that there is sometimes!
Here are some more names for you to pray for:
Rafael Quintero Zuniga, Laura Zamudio de la Torre, Evelia Medina Soriano, Mariana Bravo Perez.

I love you all. I hope that you have a wonderful week and day. Give all the little ones a hug for me!!
Russell