2.1.2010

Sterl,
How the heck are you? Who called mom's phone? I don't know crazy people!! How's life going? We're working hard talking to a bunch of people about the gospel. I've felt the spirit really well this week. I feel really good about what we're doing. We haven't had too many baptisms, but I feel like we're about the have a lot. We've been setting good goals and we're working hard to achieve them. This past week we had to go clean a mission owned house because the elders were taken out of the area for about four months. We took the stove out, the fridge, the beds, everything. It was pretty gross what kind of stuff we found in there. The fridge was like half melted and almost exploded! I think a lot of my work here in the mission is to help the Mexican elders. Generally speaking, they are not very obedient. They come from very different back-grounds, but they are good people.
There is a person that we are teaching that is named Mariana. She has problems with coffee we found out this week, and she also has a hard time going to church. She feels like she hasn't gotten an answer to her prayer about Joseph Smith. I can't seem to sacar su duda. We've also been teaching many people that have felt the spirit and have read the book of Mormon, but they just have a hard time going to church and leaving the world behind. I need to be more eficaz. I'm trying to learn the best that I can.
I hope everything is going really well in life! When are you gonna get married? Russell