2.15.2010

Hey Sterl!
How is life? So you got sick? That stinks. Man, getting sick on the mission is so horrible! One time in La Mira I got so sick. I was shivering and sweating bullets, and I started to barf my guts out. It was pretty gross. I didn't eat for about two days, and I lost a lot of weight. Yesterday, we had a baptism of Mariana Bravo Perez. She's a single mom of a little tiny girl called Amairani. That little girl is SO CUTE! We've been looking like crazys for people to teach. Yesterday we had two miracles in the church. I went out the principios del Evangelio class and I found this guy wandering about the church. I asked him if he needed help and he told me he just wanted to know what the church is. He said he's been looking for God. His name is Rafael. It was the perfect Sunday to have him there. All of the members greeted him and were so nice and polite. He also got to see a baptism. We gave him a gospel principles book and he left really impressed. I was able to teach him about the gospel in the baptism. He said he's never known the love of God and I bore testimony to him that God loves him and has a plan for him. He knows it's true! He felt so good there. The members here are improving so fast!
Another miracle: Last night we were having a meeting with the branch president (what a miracle!!) and a really tall lady came into the chapel looking around with her two little boys. She told us her husband is a member that was baptized about 6 years ago in Cuernavaca, but now lives here close to Tepalcindo. He's not active, but his wife, Laura, (the tall lady with the little kids) has gotten really interested. She's left her number with the church multiple times but the missionaries never went to her house. So pretty much my companion showed her the baptismal font and she asked him, "So how long does it talk to be baptized?" I think he almost fainted! This is the first time that this has happened to me in my mission, two strangers walk in and ask to be baptized! HOW CRAZY! God is blessing us a lot here in Tepalcingo.
Well, how are you doing? How was Nana and Papa's party thing? My companion and I are doing well. He's probably going to be changed this transfer. He's been in Tepalcingo for 9 months! There's another missionary that's from my generation that's been in Acapulco for over a year, and in Acapulco it is stinkin' HOT. Poor guy;s probably like a stick!
Have a good week Sterl! Thanks for the email and the support! Love, Russell